Summary: Delete personal information that may be saved along with your Excel 2003 spreadsheets.
By clicking "File" - "Properties" in a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet, various personal information about the currently open file can be viewed, such as the document's author, company, and when the document was created and last accessed. If entered, other information may be visible such as the document's title, subject, manager, comments, and more.
While this information may be beneficial to keep for your own use, if you distribute the spreadsheet to others, you might not want them to have access to this information. If desired, you can have Excel 2003 remove this information whenever you resave the document.
1. Click "Tools" - "Options".
2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Security" tab.
3. Check "Remove personal information from file properties on save".
4. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
5. Resave the current document - "File" - "Save".
6. Check "File" - "Properties" to ensure the information was removed.
Add: Del.icio.us | Digg | Furl | My Yahoo!
Last Modified on: July 13, 2008, at 12:04 A.M. EDT
Return to the Microsoft Excel 2003 Security and Privacy page.
Search the Site: