Summary: Create spreadsheets with numbering systems that cater to other countries' standards.
If your business needs require you to work on spreadsheets delivered from international clients or require you to deliver accounting information to those abroad, you may wish to change your numbering system from the system default to that of another country.
For example, in the US, whole and fractional numbers are separated by a decimal point, and the thousands indicator is indicated by a comma. This may be different overseas, where in some countries, for example, a thousands indicator may be a period.
1. Click "Tools" - "Options".
2. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "International" tab.
3. Under "Number handling", clear "Use system separators".
4. Next to "Decimal separator" enter the character that is used to signify a number containing a fractional value.
5. Next to "Thousands separator", enter the character that is used to split large numbers by thousands.
6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Add: Del.icio.us | Digg | Furl | My Yahoo!
Last Modified on: July 13, 2008, at 12:04 A.M. EDT
Return to the Microsoft Excel 2003 Misc page.
Search the Site: