Summary: Automatically open several files when starting Microsoft Excel 2003.
If, when using Excel 2003, you commonly work on a certain group of files, you can place these files in their own directory and then have Excel 2003 automatically open them whenever you start the software. This can save you a lot of time, as you won't have to automatically find each file and open them separately. To make this change:
1. Use Windows Explorer to move the files to a directory of your choice. Note that if you are using a shared drive, be sure to talk with others in your group and your system administrator to ensure it is OK to move spreadsheets to a different folder.
2. From Excel 2003, click "Tools" - "Options".
3. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "General" tab.
4. Next to "At startup, open all files in", enter in your desired directory.
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Add: Del.icio.us | Digg | Furl | My Yahoo!
Last Modified on: July 13, 2008, at 3:23 P.M. EDT
Return to the Microsoft Excel 2003 File Management and Recovery page.
Search the Site: