You may know that to underline text inside a cell or cells of a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet, just select the desired cell(s) and click the "U" toolbar button.
However, other underline styles are available.
1. Select your desired cell(s).
2. Select "Format" - "Cells", press CTRL-1, or right-click and choose "Format Cells".
3. The multi-tabbed "Format Cells" dialog box appears. Click the "Font" tab.
4. Underneath "Underline", click the pull-down to choose from one of the available underline styles:
* Single Accounting (adjusts the underline position lower)
* Double Accounting (double underlining with the underline position lower)
Note the "Preview" box that displays a sample of your chosen underline style.
4. When done, click "OK" to close the dialog box.
Press the "print" button on your browser or select "File" - "Print" to print this tip. Then, return to Microsoft Excel 2003 - Printing Spreadsheets - Use Different Underline Styles.
Standard disclaimer applies - Read http://tipsforspreadsheets.com/copyright-disclaim.html.