Microsoft Excel 2003 function and formula help, including writing and debugging functions such as AVERAGE, ROUND, and SUM.
* Convert Dollar Amounts to Words
Convert dollar amounts into their English equivalents.
* Display Top or Bottom Quarter of a Set
Use the quartile function to display the max, min, median, or top or bottom 25% of a group of numbers.
* Determine if a Particular Cell is Blank
Determine whether or not a particular cell contains any information.
* Trim Extra Spaces from Text
Trim extraneous text inside and surrounding text values.
* Display the Version of Excel
Display the version of Excel currently used when viewing a spreadsheet.
* Check if a Value is a Number
Prevent Spreadsheet errors in Excel 2003 by ensuring entered values are actually numbers.
* Calculate the Median of a Group of Numbers
Determine the middle number of a series in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Determine the Number of Blank Cells
Use the countblank function to determine the number of cells in a range that are blank.
* Combine Strings Together
Two methods in Excel 2003 spreadsheets for combining strings together.
* Determine if a Number is Odd or Even
A quick Excel 2003 worksheet function for determining whether or not a cell value is odd or even.
* Convert a Cell's Value to Uppercase or Lowercase
Convert text values inside Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets to uppercase or lowercase.
* Using Excel to Convert to Roman Numerals
Need to convert MM to 2000? Use this Excel function.
* Determine the Largest or Smallest Value in a Series
These formulas automatically determine the minimum and maximum values in an Excel 2003 data series.
* Round Numbers to the Nearest Integer
Round numbers in your Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets to the nearest dollar.
* Installing the Analysis ToolPak Add-In
Install support in Microsoft Excel 2003 for advanced analytical operations.
* Get the Average of a Series
Display the average value of grades, monthly profits, yearly expenses, etc. in a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Get the Square Root of a Number
Microsoft Excel 2003's =SQRT function calculates the square root of a value or cell.
* Return the 2nd Largest or Smallest Value in a Series
Inside a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet, need to display the 2nd-highest profit-grossing month of a year, or the 2nd-worst?
* =IF Function for Value or Calculation Based on Criteria
Perform condition-based tasks depending on cell values in a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Formula to Sum Up All Values in Column
Quickly calculate the summed value of all cells in a column of a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Return a Number Without the Negative Sign
Display the absolute value of a number inside a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Return the Remainder of a Division Function
Display the remainder of a division function in Excel.
* Logarithmic Functions
Perform natural, base-10, and base-n log functions in Excel 2003 spreadsheets.
* Display the Most Common Value in a Series
This Excel 2003 function calculates the most frequent value in a series.
* Generate Random Numbers
Use the RANDBETWEEN function instead of RAND to more easily generate random numbers in your Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
Two ways to raise numbers to powers inside Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets.
* Count Number of Actual Arguments in a Series
Display how many cells inside a series in an Excel spreadsheet actually hold data.
* Find a Conditional Sum
Use Microsoft Excel 2003 to find the sum of numbers that meet a certain condition.
* Create Internet Hyperlink
Create a web or e-mail hyperlink in your Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Switching Between Numbering Systems
Converting numbers in a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet between decimal, binary, octal, and hexadecimal numbering systems.
* Trigonometric Functions
Use Excel to perform sine, cosine, tangent, and other trigonometric functions.
* Check for Errors
Determine if formula result errors exist in your Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets.
* Comparing Strings
Use the =exact function to compare strings inside a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
* Display Formulas Instead of Their Results
Debug formulas in complex Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets.
* Spreadsheet Modification Slow - Switch to Manual Calculation
Speed up slow Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheets by only calculating formulas manually, not in the background.
* Count the Number of Cells That Meet a Condition
Count the number of cells in a range that meet a specified criterion.
* Wizard to Display and Fix Worksheet Errors
Easily display and fix possible errors in your Microsoft Excel 2003 worksheets.
Add: Del.icio.us | Digg | Furl | My Yahoo!
Return to: Microsoft Excel 2003
Search the Site: